Friday, July 01, 2005

Goodbye Sandra Day O'Connor

I was never a huge fan but it was nice to have a majority on the side of women's reproductive freedom on the Supreme Court.

I'm worried about what will happen to the women of this country. I predict not just abortions to be illegal but also many types of birth control. I have tried many many kinds of birth control, including quite a few brands and types of birth control pills, and I've found the only birth control my body can tolerate is an IUD. I predict that I won't be able to get a new one when this one needs to be replaced. We don't plan on having any more children anyway so my husband can always have a vasectomy. How much do you want to bet that men's reproductive choices will remain open to them.

I worry for my daughter when she becomes a woman. I'm trying not to think too much about that right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home